The Professional Gardeners’ Trust was established in 2004 to fund training and study for working gardeners in the UK and Ireland.
The PGT provides gardeners with the opportunity to acquire skills and gain qualifications through part-time courses and work placements. This enhances their careers and benefits the horticulture profession as a whole.
- The Trust helps gardeners gain certificates in practical horticulture and use of horticultural equipment.
- The Professional Gardeners’ Trust is able to support gardeners to gain experience through work placements in other gardens.
- It helps fund gardeners study for horticulture courses and modules. It can also help with training in other areas like management studies, conference attendance, IT or presentation skills.
- Our awards are available for all working gardeners: there is no age discrimination, nor restriction by qualification or membership to a particular organization.
- It is easy to apply to the Professional Gardeners’ Trust and we respond within a few weeks of application. Please contact us to find out what we can do for you.
- To apply for an award PLEASE SEE APPLY PAGE. We use the word ‘award’; other organisations use ‘bursary’ or ‘grant’.